Diberdayakan oleh Blogger.

Popular Posts Today

Watch Mike Tyson Fight Mike Tyson in Punch-Out!!

Written By Kom Limpulnam on Rabu, 29 Oktober 2014 | 23.37

Former professional boxer Mike Tyson appeared on The Tonight Show With Jimmy Fallon last night and faced off against himself in a match of classic boxing game Punch-Out!! on NES.

Watch the video above to see the real Tyson, playing as Little Mac, take on the virtual version of himself from the 1986 game. We won't spoil the end for you, but one of the Mike Tysons won.

Tyson previously admitted to being so bad at Punch-Out!! that he couldn't even beat Glass Joe, believed to be the easiest opponent in the game.

The former heavyweight champion Tyson was at the center of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!!, as well as 2000's Mike Tyson Boxing for the original PlayStation and 2002's Xbox and PlayStation 2 game Mike Tyson's Heavyweight Boxing.

As for Jimmy Fallon, the late night host/actor/comedian is a big fan of video games.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Filed under:
Punch-Out!!

23.37 | 0 komentar | Read More

Battlefield 5 Delay Good for the Franchise, Analyst Says

Electronic Arts' decision to launch Battlefield 5 (or whatever comes after Battlefield Hardline) in 2016 instead of 2015 was a smart move for the overall health of the series. That's according to Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia, who said in a note to investors today that launching the game in 2016 will help the Battlefield series avoid franchise "fatigue."

If the new Battlefield game were to launch in 2015, it would mean EA would have released two major Battlefield titles in the year. Hardline is scheduled to launch on March 17, 2015.

No new Battlefield in fall 2015, but Star Wars: Battlefront will fill its place

In explaining the delay, EA CEO Andrew Wilson said waiting a year to launch the next Battlefield game will give players more time to enjoy Hardline.

"As a result of the extended services and content updates that we provide, it's clear that players want to experience the games we're delivering for longer periods of time," Wilson said on Tuesday. "Looking into next year, we will ensure that our players have enough time between releases to fully explore the depth and innovation in our shooter titles."

Although EA will not have a new Battlefield game out for next holiday, the publisher will have a major first-person shooter series launching then in the form of Star Wars: Battlefront. During a financial call on Tuesday, EA confirmed that this game will launch in holiday 2015, in the same window that J.J. Abrams' Star Wars: Episode VII comes to theaters.

"Management has increased confidence in the potential success of this title, which also helps to explain their decision to delay Battlefield 5," Bhatia said. "We think the decision to move Battlefield 5 will optimize the potential for the Battlefield franchise (and avoid franchise fatigue), and also should result in a more consistent revenue/EPS growth pattern for EA."

EA has said previously that it doesn't want to annualize the series, similar to what Activision has done with Call of Duty.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Filed under:
Battlefield Hardline

23.37 | 0 komentar | Read More

Someone Will Try to Play FIFA 15 for 48 Straight Hours

In an attempt to set a new world record for the "longest video game marathon on a football game," a London man will try to play FIFA 15 for more than 48 straight hours. The current world record is reportedly 48 hours and 5 minutes, but Chris Cook is attempting to play for even longer.

Cook, a community manager at GamePointsNow/GameKeysNow announced today that he will make the record attempt to raise money for the Special Effect charity, an organization that helps people with disabilities through video games.

"I've been playing FIFA games since they first started way back on the Mega Drive, so couldn't think of a better way to raise money and awareness for a truly amazing cause," Cook said in a statement. "As someone who has seen firsthand how gaming can help enhance lives, I could not think of a better charity to lend my support to."

Cook's attempt at the world record will take place the the gaming-themed Loading Bar in Dalstone, North London between November 5-7. The event is open to the public, where you can make make donations and watch as Cook plays match after match of FIFA 15.

Alternatively, you can donate to Cook's campaign online through this JustGiving page.

The FIFA 15 world record attempt will be streamed live through Twitch here. The event organizers add that people will have a chance to challenge Cook to a FIFA 15 match throughout the marathon session.

I enjoy FIFA, and have oftentimes played for an hour or two. But I can't imagine playing for two days straight. What's your longest gaming marathon? Let us know in the comments below!

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Filed under:
FIFA 15

23.37 | 0 komentar | Read More

PS4 Getting Open-World Horror Game Grave

Developer Broken Window Studios has confirmed that its upcoming open-world horror game, Grave, will launch on PlayStation 4. Previously, the game was confirmed only for Xbox One and PC.

You can watch a new trailer for the game above and see some new screenshots in the gallery below.

Grave was funded through Kickstarter, with its original campaign successfully wrapping up in April with more than $37,000 pledged against its $30,000 target. You can play a work-in-progress version of Grave today on PC by downloading a demo here.

When the Kickstarter page went up earlier this year, Broken Window said its main goal for Grave was to "scare the living crap out of players." For more on Grave, which will be released in 2015, check out GameSpot's previous coverage.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Filed under:
Grave

23.37 | 0 komentar | Read More

Look: Destiny "Dark Below" DLC Screenshots

Following Bungie's announcement today that Destiny's first DLC expansion, The Dark Below, will launch on December 9, the developer has now released a handful of new screenshots from the add-on.

The images, which you can see in the gallery below (be sure to click on the thumbnails to see full-size versions) show off the expansion's new environments, weapons, gear, and lots more.

For more on everything included with The Dark Below, check out our previous coverage. The expansion launches on December 9 for Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation 4. The game's next expansion, House of Wolves, does not yet have a release date.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Filed under:
Destiny

23.37 | 0 komentar | Read More

EA Origin's Next Free Game Is From 1995

Electronic Arts is currently giving away copies of 1995 game Crusader: No Remorse as part of the "On the House" promotion for Origin. The game normally sells for $5, but you can get it free today.

EA's On the House games don't come with any strings attached, but there is no saying when the deal will expire, so you're encouraged to act quickly if you want to pick up a free copy.

Crusader: No Remorse was developed by Origin Systems and originally launched in August 1995. You play as a "Silencer," an elite enforcer who works for the World Economic Consortium, but later joins the rebellion. "Now, your former employers better watch their backs because you're coming after them with all the firepower at your command," reads a line from the game's description.

This is an old game, so your current computer shouldn't have any issue running it. But just in case you're wondering, here are the minimum system requirements:

MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS:

  • Windows XP or Windows Vista
  • 1.8 GHz Processor
  • 512MB RAM (1 GB recommended)
  • 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7 (compatible with DirectX 9 recommended)
  • 2 GB HDD
  • Mouse, keyboard

EA launched the On the House promotion in March with Dead Space. Other past freebies have included Wing Commander III: Heart of the Tiger, Dragon Age: Origins, and Bejeweled 3, among others. EA says the goal of the On the House promotion is to show off Origin and "provide a great gaming experience" to players. The publisher also runs Game Time, a promotion where gamers can play titles, usually newer ones, for free for a period of time--often 48 hours.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Filed under:
Crusader: No Remorse

23.37 | 0 komentar | Read More

Microsoft Has No Plans to Sell Standalone White Xbox One Controllers

Currently, the only way to get your hands on a white Xbox One controller is to buy the Sunset Overdrive bundle, and it doesn't sound like this is going to change anytime soon.

Asked on Twitter if Microsoft had any plans to offer the white Xbox One controllers outside of the bundle, executive Aaron Greenberg said: "Not planning white controllers at this time."

Greenberg's response leaves open the possibility that one day Microsoft will offer white Xbox One controllers, but unfortunately, it doesn't sound like that will happen anytime soon.

The Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Xbox One controller

If you're in the market for a new Xbox One controller, your current options are standard black or your choice of a pair of camouflage variations. Microsoft will also sell a special Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Xbox One controller (the same one that's included with the system bundle).

By comparison, Sony offers DualShock 4 controllers for the PlayStation 4 in standard black, as well as white, red, blue, and camouflage.

If history is any indication, Microsoft will eventually offer Xbox One controllers in more colors and styles. After all, there are currently all manner of colors and variations of the Xbox 360 controller available to buy.

On Monday, Microsoft announced a $50 price cut for all Xbox One systems--including the various bundles. The price drop goes into effect on Sunday, November 2 and runs through January 2015. For more on the price drop news, check out GameSpot's editorial on the subject.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Filed under:
Xbox One

23.37 | 0 komentar | Read More

Feudal Japan Assassin's Creed Might Feel Too Familiar, Dev Says

According to Alex Hutchinson, who was the creative director on 2012's Assassin's Creed III, an Assassin's Creed game set in feudal Japan might feel too familiar. In an interview with Total Xbox, Hutchinson said the setting sets up well from a design perspective, but explained that the ninja/samurai vibe has already been well-established in other games and Ubisoft would rather reach out and do something altogether new.

"You could always do it, but the point I was trying to make was that in the broad strokes and scale of history, [feudal Japan is] a theme that's been well-mined in video games," Hutchinson said. "So, Assassin's Creed is one of those games that can take [lesser-known] time periods or corners of the world and make them cool, fun, new, and refreshing."

"Feudal Japan would work as an Assassin's game, for sure, but I feel like it would start to look like 'oh, have I played this?'" -- Alex Hutchinson

"Feudal Japan would work as an Assassin's game, for sure," he added. "But I feel like it would start to look like 'oh, have I played this?' You know what I mean--'oh, I've been a ninja before, I've been a samurai before.'"

Though it sounds like there are no plans for a core Assassin's Creed game set in feudal Japan, Ubisoft recently released iOS game Assassin's Creed Memories, which is set in that time period.

Asked where he would take the Assassin's Creed franchise if the decision were up to him, Hutchinson reiterated that the British Raj is high on his list. The top-requested settings, according to previous comments from Ubisoft, are feudal Japan, World War II, and ancient Egypt. November's Assassin's Creed Unity is set in Paris, while this year's other game, Assassin's Creed Rogue, takes place in North America during the Seven Years' War in the mid-18th century.

Hutchinson is now the creative director on Far Cry 4. The game ships in November, after which he plans to take a vacation and then get to work on a new, unannounced game.

Ubisoft said previously that, thanks to Assassin's Creed's fictional Animus technology, "the entire human history is our playground" for future games.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Filed under:
Assassin's Creed Unity

23.37 | 0 komentar | Read More

This 436-Page Super Mario World Movie Script "Sucks," Screenwriter Admits

Written By Kom Limpulnam on Rabu, 22 Oktober 2014 | 23.37

When he was 19, Chronicle writer Max Landis wrote a script for a Super Mario World movie. He has now published that script, which he freely admits "sucks" for a multitude of reasons.

It's an epic, 436-page script featuring characters such as Mario, Luigi, Peach, Toad, Daisy and many others that Landis describes as more of a "manifesto" than a movie. Its super-long length was one of the many problems with it. "There has never been a produced film in America with a length of 436 pages," he said.

Other issues that Landis admits to involve poor tone and pacing, dialogue that is "just actually corny or bad," and problems with coherency and action. "Looking back, there is nothing to elevate this above fan-fiction," he said.

Despite a raft of reasons why he said his Super Mario World script is terrible (he imagines you won't be able to finish it), Landis said he still sees some merit in it.

"In all honesty, I would love to play this script as an Uncharted-style new, grounded Mario Video-Game," he said. "I'd love to see art of certain scenes. But I can't imagine, literally cannot imagine that any of you who so ambitiously venture into this script will actually be able to finish it."

You can read the entire, 436-page Super Mario World script on Landis' website right now.

If you're looking for a Super Mario movie, you're stuck with 1993's famously terrible Super Mario Bros., which recently deceased lead actor Bob Hoskins described as the worst movie he ever worked on.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Filed under:
Super Mario World

23.37 | 0 komentar | Read More

EA Scores Partial Victory in Lawsuit Over Battlefield 4 Woes

Electronic Arts has notched a partial victory in the ongoing lawsuit over the calamitous Battlefield 4 launch.

On Monday, a federal judge ruled against the shareholders (Ryan Kelly and Louis Mastro) who last year filed a class-action lawsuit against EA, claiming executives at the company made false claims in earnings calls and media interviews about the game's quality ahead of its disastrous launch.

As reported by Courthouse News, US District Judge Susan Illston ruled that pre-release comments about Battlefield 4 from EA CFO Blake Jorgensen and EA CEO Andrew Wilson amounted to nothing more than "puffery" and "corporate optimism."

Illston also struck down Kelly and Mastro's contention that EA acted intentionally or deliberately reckless regarding the pre-release state of Battlefield 4. She found that that "the complaint fails to adequately allege falsity and scienter for reasons articulated by defendants."

Kelly and Mastro say, however, that they relied on the EA executives' comments when deciding whether or not they should buy stock in the company. EA responded by showing that, in fact, five of the eight statements that Kelly and Mastro said they relied on were actually made after they purchased EA shares.

As a result, Illston ruled that Kelly and Mastro cannot pursue securities fraud claims against EA. The case isn't over just yet, though, as Illston said she will allow new lead plaintiffs to come forward. Kelly and Mastro must amend their case by November 3.

Battlefield's rocky launch did not hurt the game's commercial appeal, according to Jorgensen. However, the troubles at release "absolutely" resulted in a loss of player trust, EA has since admitted.

Nearly a year after launch, EA continues to support Battlefield 4. The game introduced a massive fall update earlier in October, while the game's Final Stand expansion is due out soon. For more on Battlefield 4, check out GameSpot's review and previous coverage.

Got a news tip or want to contact us directly? Email news@gamespot.com

Filed under:
Battlefield 4

23.37 | 0 komentar | Read More
Techie Blogger